Sling TV is one of the most popular services for streaming live TV and finally cutting the cable cord. It provides an array of channels that can rival nearly any traditional television provider. That said, managing your Sling TV subscription isn’t always simple. If you want to cancel Sling or change your subscription package, you’ll need to find your way around their website and account management pages.
The first step in either case is getting to your account dashboard.
Wait a minute, you say. What the heck is Sling TV? It’s a service that allows subscribers to watch a collection of live and on-demand TV channels on their TVs, computers, tablets or phones. This is live TV, just like a cable or satellite TV service, except it’s streamed over the internet. Instead of a cable box, you connect a media streamer (like Roku or Apple TV) or game console, or just use the Sling TV app on your smart TV (or phone, tablet or computer) to watch.
Sling offers two tiers, Blue and Orange, and if you’re a sports fan then Sling Orange remains the cheapest way to watch live ESPN shows like SportsCenter. You can pay more to get additional channels or add a cloud DVR, and if you care more about Fox Sports and NBC than ESPN, you can subscribe to Blue. Here’s everything you need to know.
Sling TV Sign Up
To use the Sling TV service, you must sign up for an account and purchase the plan. The good news is that now stream NFL live Free using sling.tv trial offer for 14 days, full-featured, free trial. You can stream all the channels included in your plan for free for 7 days.
Unlike some other live TV streaming services that charge you the subscription fee up-front and refund the money later if you cancel before the end of the trial period, Sling TV does not bill anything for the 14-day trial period. You are billed only when you choose to continue with the services past the trial period.
Why should I use TV Everywhere with Sling TV?
Watch live shows even if you’re over Sling TV’s max simultaneous streams.
Stream on demand shows that aren’t available on Sling TV.
Stream live sports that are on overflow channels.
Get access to streaming shows on platforms that Sling TV doesn’t offer.
How do I log in with TV Everywhere?
Visit the website or install your favorite channel apps.
Select Sling TV when prompted.
Log in with your Sling TV username and password.
Does Sling TV have a traditional channel guide?
It didn’t use to, but recently Sling has added a more traditional grid view on Roku and Android TV devices similar to what you’d get on a cable box. This should expand to other platforms over time.
What are the Sling TV Packages?
What Channel Packages are Available on Sling TV?
Currently, there are 3 plans available:
Sling Orange: $20 per month. About 30 channels, including ESPN and Disney (but not Fox or NBC channels). Limited to one simultaneous stream at a time.
Sling Blue: $25 per month. About 45 channels, including Fox and NBC channels (but not ESPN or Disney channels). Up to three simultaneous streams.
Sling Orange + Blue: $40 per month. Includes all channels from both. Up to four simultaneous streams, but only one at a time of Orange channels.
Does Sling TV have live local broadcast channels?
Only in select markets, with select packages.
For Sling Orange subscribers, a Broadcast Extra bundle is available with ABC, Univision, and Unimas in Chicago, Fresno-Visalia, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, and San Francisco.
With Sling Blue, Fox and NBC are available live in select markets. To find out which channels are available where you live, just plug your zip code into Sling’s support site.
In all other markets, Fox and NBC offer on-demand programming only.
How do regional sports networks work?
The Sling Blue package includes regional sports from NBCSN/Comcast SportsNet and Fox Sports (including YES Network in the New York area). The exact channels you get are tied to your billing zip code and are verified based on your IP address. Enter your zip code on Sling’s support site to find out exactly which channels are available to you.
Can subscribers stream outside the home?
Yes, but not from outside the United States. And if you travel out of town, you can’t stream local channels or regional sports networks.
Roku Channel Store Description:
- Sling TV is Live TV, Only Better. The #1 Live TV Streaming Service that lets you personalize your channel lineup and save.
- Start with the service best for you, then personalize with YOUR favorite genres: Sports, Comedy, Kids, News, Movies, Lifestyle, Spanish, & more. Change your service online anytime.
- Over 100 live channels are available to stream instantly on all your favorite devices: TVs, tablets, phones, computers, gaming consoles & more. Watch your favorite live sports like the NBA & college basketball, hit TV shows like The Walking Dead, Black Ink Crew, SportsCenter, plus 10,000+ hours of on-demand shows and movies.
- With Sling TV you can get both TV and Cloud DVR on your terms – add it when you want and choose when you watch, for just $5.
- This is TV on your terms. No paying for useless channels, no long-term contracts, easy online cancellation.
- The Sling Orange service offers 30 channels for just $25/mo – including ESPN, Disney Channel, AMC, TNT, TBS, CNN, and many more.
- The Sling Blue service offers 40+ channels for just $25/mo – including FOX and NBC (select markets only) HGTV, FX, History, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, and many more.